Vodacom Bulls wish departing players fairwell
The contracts of the following players have expired and the Blue Bulls Company and Vodacom Bulls management would like to thank them for their services to the BBC and the team.
They will not play in the Absa Currie Cup completion that start next month, but will join their new clubs abroad.
“We would like to wish them well in the next chapter of their new careers,” Blue Bulls Company CEO Barend van Graan said on Tuesday.
“These players all became Springboks at the Vodacom Blue Bulls, which speaks volumes of how much impact they had in our structures and teams. Many of them also represented us at schoolboy level for the first time and have been true servants to the Vodacom Blue Bulls and Vodacom Bulls cause. We could like to salute their effort and say thank you.”
The departing players are:
· Juandrè Kruger (11 tests, 0 points; 31 Super Rugby caps, 5 points, 40 provincial caps,40 points) – to Racing Metro, France
· Jacques Potgieter (3 tests, 0 points; 23 Super Rugby caps, 20 points; 28 provincial matches, 45 points) – to Fukuoka Sanix Blues, Japan
· Dewald Potgieter (6 tests, 5 points; 67 Super Rugby caps, 20 points; 58 provincial matches, 50 points) to Yamaha RFC, Japan
· Chiliboy Ralepelle (21 tests, 5 points; 69 Super Rugby caps, 20 points; 26 provincial matches, 20 points), to Toulouse France
· Jano Vermaak (1 test, 0 points; 104 Super Rugby caps, 97 points; 89 provincial matches, 143 points) to Toulouse, France
· Mornè Steyn (45 tests, 530 points; 123 Super Rugby caps, 1449 points; 95 provincial matches, 806 points), to Stade Francais, France
· Zane Kirchner (24 test, 15 points; 82 Super Rugby caps, 105 points; 101 provincial caps 209 points) to Leinster, Ireland
· Wynand Olivier (37 tests, 5 points; 110 Super Rugby caps, 145 points; 72 provincial matches, 130 points), to Montpellier, France
follow Dave on @djvanman on twitter